Friday 1 June 2012

Cityscape - Independent graphics work

I made a cityscape from photos I took of Brighton. My design was a cityscape with a sort of colour wash over it and a bridge in there somewhere. I started out with three pictures and cropped my favourite bits out. Then I used the magic eraser to take the sky out because they weren’t all the same colour. I also changed the brightness so they looked like they were all taken on the same day with the same amount of sunshine. For the next step I chose two more photos and did the same things to them, then I shifted the layers around until it looked sort of natural. I like the yellow house but I don’t think it looks natural, however I am not going to change it because I think it adds colour. Then I cut bits out of the background of the photos that I like for the city background. I decided in the next one that I didn’t like the lumpy-looking bit so I cut it out and moved the skyscraper over a bit further. in this I wanted to start building the effect of a city, so I put a panorama in the background and filled the middle up with chimneys. I don’t mind so much that it doesn’t look too real as I am going to overlay something. I overlaid a picture of stained glass onto my city and made it transparent by changing the opacity, and then I set it to vivid light so it stuck to the buildings but not the sky. I really like this because I think it looks like the city is covered in graffiti. I changed the hues in the stained glass to make it look like the sky as well. I really like it as I think it is really beautiful. I also erased some of the background of the stained glass and changed the overall background to light grey instead of white, which showed the colours up more. This is the first thing I’ve done properly in Photoshop that I really like so I am very proud of it. Next week I want to learn how to make the joins between layers look less fake. I think this piece is very beautiful and I am very proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment