Friday 11 May 2012

Retro Style

This piece was fairly simple to make and I feel it looks retro. I started with an image of a paper report on the Columbine shootings in 1999. Then I added an image of the london riots in 2011, contrasting between the old and new. I placed these so they looked like a double page spread in a magazine. Then I set about changing the colours so they looked retro. I used curves to up the contrast and colours and put them on a pin light filter. Then I messed around with the contrast on the alterations screen until they both looked authentic. Finally I upped the light contrast on the jumping woman to make her look faded and washed-out. I think this could be better but I have limited resources and I wasn't sure what to dp. Next time I would try putting the photo of the woman in black and white too.

No comments:

Post a Comment