Friday 11 May 2012

Ideas For Magazine Layouts - Looking At Vogue

This Vogue two-page spread is an interesting example of the classic magazine layout. A large photo dominates on the left-hand side of the page, while a bold title divides it from the columns on the right hand side. I like this magazine layout because it is nicely balanced and draws the eye to all the right places, but also I don't particularly want to use it because everyone does, and it's very unoriginal.
Another Vogue spread, this time very different. The bold colours blaze on the page, grabbing the eye. The whole thing is not so bright as to be overwhelming, but the different patterns and focuses bewilder the eye a little. The bright slash of red across the woman's eyes brings the focus firmly to her on the right-hand side, but on the left the eye is drawn mainly to the floating white writing. I don't like this layout so much, because the lack of relief for the eye gives me a headache and I think it would anyone else.
The third and final Vogue spread. This one is by far my favourite. The photograph is the focus point, but the bright pink of the type ensures no attention is lost on it. The beautiful dress the model wears is the real inspiration behind the piece; everything it focused towards it. I like this style because it is simple but still very detailed. Overall I think I am probably going to use the third design for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment